Preview : 16-18th May 2014 - The London Whisky Weekender - SAVE THE DATE
The London Whisky Weekender
Oval Space, E2 9DT
16th – 18th May 2014
Tickets from £20
The Whisky Lounge and Oval Space presents The London Whisky Weekender:
London Whisky Weekender is a contemporary celebration of exceptional whiskies from around the world.
On 16th - 18th May, cutting edge East London venue Oval Space and esteemed whisky events company The Whisky Lounge join forces to bring the craft, innovation and heritage of whisky to the people of London in a three-day festival designed for seasoned whisky fans and newcomers alike.
The festival boasts some of the best-known names in whisky, accompanied by a whole host of small, craft distillers from Scotland, Ireland, India, the USA to sample.
Featured whiskies include:
Johnnie Walker, Jameson, Macallan, Glenlivet, Talisker, Chivas Regal, Lagavulin, Bowmore, Laphroaig, Highland Park, Balblair, Kilchoman, Aberlour, Longmorn, Black Bottle, Ancnoc, Ron Diplomatico, Berry Bros. & Rudd, Auchentoshan, Glen Garioch, Elements of Islay, Old Pulteney, Paul John, Tweeddale, That Boutique-y Whisky Co., Rock Town & Belfast Distillery
From exclusive tastings of rare pre-World War Two whiskies on our rooftop overlooking one of the last remaining Blitz sites in London; an East End whisky cocktail bar curated by Molecular cocktail specialist Lounge Bohemia on Oval Space’s terrace; Jameson takeover of the neighbouring The Pickle Factory featuring pickleback shots, live music and BBQ through to street food pop-ups on the The Oval. There’s plenty going on to occupy connoisseurs as well as those making their first forays into whisky.
Here’s what each session ticket includes:
• The opportunity to sample Whiskies from over 20 distilleries bringing over 120 varieties of whisky at no further cost (although your liver might be grateful if you sample in moderation)
• Free branded tasting glass
• The London Whisky Weekender Festival Guide, with extensive tasting notes and distillery guides
• Access to our very own 'East End Boozer' with whisky cocktails
• Access to Jameson takeover of The Pickle Factory complete with picklebacks, live music and a all-day BBQ
Plus the chance to take part in (at extra cost):
• Blitz Whisky Terrace (Sampling pre-1945 whiskies on our unique terrace overlooking one of the last remaining Blitz sites in London)
• Under The Counter Drams Special whiskies at selected stands can be sampled in exchange for a token that can be bought separately.
• Special workshops and classes for a more intimate and detailed look at selected distilleries and whiskies including tastings from the likes of Laphroaig and Talisker.
For more information and tickets, click here. See you there!